Intro to Sales Funnels: What They Are, Why You Need Them, and How To Make One
WTF is a sales funnel, anyway. A Sales Funnel is the process that companies lead customers through, when purchasing products.
In other words it’s a calculated process to turn someone from casual interest to buyer. If you’ve never really thought of how your customers are lead to buy your products you should!! In fact if you have no plan you may be losing opportunities for revenue as we speak.
You might be wondering does it really matter, especially if you’ve been getting by so far without it? Yes, It really matters
A sales funnel can turn an “on the fence browser” into a loyal repeat customer who raves about your product.
Remember, the sales funnel exists to produce paying customers.
Let’s keep it simple (for now)
There are basically 3 types of people a lead, a prospect, and a lead
Lead someone who comes to your site, gives you some form of information. Most common is an email address.
Prospect is someone who has had some kind of 2 way contact with your company, and they are still interested. This may be an inquiry about services or products.
Customers well we all know they are!
So let’s walk through a very simple sales funnel.
The end goal: Sell your online course “Building an Online Business” which sells for $497
Phase 1 Creating a Lead
- You attract a visitor to your site. Web Search or social media
- They read a blog post and see a free download “5 Reasons Your Products Aren’t Selling.”
- They submit an email, in exchange for the free offer.
Boom you have a lead! Phase 1: Complete!
Phase 2: From Lead to Prospect
- You then send an automated email which includes the download.
- 2 days later you send video 1 from your online course. There is also an invitation to a free 20 min consultation.
- They submit a request for the free consultation
Oh Yeah!!! You have a Prospect!! Phase 2: Complete!
Phase 3: The Sale
I’m not going to go into closing sales right here. There are thousands of books on sales You can read my post “How NOT To Close A Sale” here
If you’re new to this, it’s easy to overthink this stuff. There aren’t really a lot of steadfast rules. BE CREATIVE!! You’re audience may respond to things very differently than mine. Your product will shape how you form your funnel. Also don’t freak out!! You’re not going to get thousands of sales immediately. Try different variations of emails, follow ups, and offers. Be a Daredevil!
- Think about what steps you can lead your followers through to get that sale!
- What enticing offer can you create to get a lead
- What follow ups will best lead you to a one on one interaction
- Sell like Hell!
- Share this post!